Monday, August 17, 2009

Change

"Change; we don't like it, we fear it, but we can't stop it from coming. We either adapt to change or we get left behind. And it hurts to grow, anybody who tells you it doesn't is lying. But here's the truth... the more things change, the more they stay the same. And sometimes, oh, sometimes changes is good. Oh sometimes, change is... everything." - Meredith Grey, Grey's Anatomy and also stolen from Em's facebook. 

So keeping up with my 101 in 1001 this week i am going to give gratitude to change. Now why would I do this, most people can't stand it. However, the truth is I take comfort in change, and am thankful for it. For the longest time each new year seemed to start in August, revolving around a new school year, not the big Jan. 1 celebration. This got me thinking of all the things that have changed this part "year."

Think about it this way - look at how much has changed in the past year, and remember that much could change before the next year arrives. 

My friends keep on dispersing farther and farther away from K-State. However, I am thankful for the events that bring us together. Like Wes's big wedding this weekend. 

A year ago I was playing a balancing act with many different relationships. (Close friends think back to football games and the Royal, haha) Now I have new relationships and bonds that I am extremely excited about. 

I am thankful for the new house we have. Although, I hate moving and loved our Easy Street house, I am excited about all the fun and memories we'll create in the new house!

I have a new position with Angus, and I thought the old one couldn't get any better. I am grateful for the opportunities that work as presented with me. Plus all the travel! This year I have been to Georgia, Pennsylvania, West Virginia, Wisconsin, Kansas, Oklahoma, Missouri, Colorado, California, Kentucky, Arizona, Tennessee, Nevada, Minnesota and Michigan. 

So change isn't all bad. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I love to hear from all my readers. Hope you have a fabulous day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...