Monday, July 12, 2010

Cattle are in my blood

Growing up in a barn

Currently, I am in Denver, Colo., for the National Junior Angus Show, and it reminds me a lot of how I grew up. My sister and I, with the support of our family, were very involved in junior cattle programs. 4-H and the National Junior Simmental Association were the big ones for us, but we also went to countless other junior shows in the summer, and I love it. I saw so much country, made awesome friends, and those shows really molded me into who I am.

I remember going from one show to the next, being on the road for weeks at a time, only running home to wash clothes. I think that is where my restlessness developed. I hate being in one spot for more than a couple days, I really do like to go go go.

It's really hard to describe the feeling that you get when you are showing your heifer, and when all that hard work pays off in the form of a champion banner. This is a video that I did last year, and I think it describes a little bit about what it is all about.

2 comments:

  1. I love your video. Especially since I know people in it =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can so relate to this. 4-H and showing livestock had a huge influence on my life and continue to do so. Our oldest will be in regular 4-H in 2 years and life as we know it will never be the same. :-)

    Thanks for checking out my blog, www.3kidsandpigs.blogspot.com, and encouraging me on my Farmer Fridays posts.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love to hear from all my readers. Hope you have a fabulous day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...