Thursday, October 21, 2010

The Real Housewives of the West

Cowgirls get things done. 

I kind of laughed when I saw this article the other day. I have to let you in on a little secret. I really like reality TV, and I will admit I have been watching the Real Housewives of Atlanta, even though I thought the Real Housewives of New Jersey was better. OK now hanging my head in shame. 

photo by Patrick Dorison

The women on these shows are catty, have more money than they know what to do with, have bratty, awful children and their lives are full of drama. Thankfully, this FoxNews.com article by Patrick Dorinson, The REAL Housewives of Idaho, pointed out that there still are some real housewives left out there, and they represent a lot of America. He found his in Idaho, but I think they can be found on any ranch or farm. 

Growing up on the farm work was number one, glamour was number two. Now, that didn't stop mom from enrolling my sister and I in ballet lesson, but that meant feeding 4-H steers, with hot pink curlers in our hair, before rushing off to another dance competition. 

There were lots of points I agreed with in the article. I definitely recommend reading it for yourself, and forming your own opinion. 

5 comments:

  1. Crystal thanks for the great article. It was wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing the article Crystal...loved it! Can't wait till I am one of those real housewives!

    Have a great day!
    Wrenn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing this article Crystal. Somehow I won life's lottery and was blessed enough to marry a "real housewife". Glad to read some other people voicing their opinions too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you all enjoyed the article. Wrenn I would say you are pretty close. And Caleb, yes you are very lucky!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing this-it's so true!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love to hear from all my readers. Hope you have a fabulous day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...