Monday, March 14, 2011

Are you living an amazing life?

Positivity.

I have a friend in my life named Robyn Beazley, and I think I would be safe in saying she is one of the most positive, uplifting, go-getting people you will every meet. In 2010 Robyn put her love for life onto paper and wrote the book Live an Amazing Life: Stories that inspire and encourage positive attitude. And it is awesome.

I recently finished the book, and there are a few things I want to share with you. Just statements that touched me, and inspired me.

"It is said that the only difference between today and five years from today are the people you meet and the books you read."

"Do you add value to other peoples lives..."

"... God only gives obstacles to those he knows can overcome them."

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle." ~ Attributed to both T.H. Thompson and John Watson. I love this quote.

"... invest in yourself."

"The first step to getting what you want is knowing what you want."

"If you keep doing what you're doing right now, where will you be in 5 years?" ~ Rita Davenport. This is a new favorite quote of mine, and I have it posted in my bathroom for me to read everyday.

The book is a quick read, that really made me think about where I was going and how I am going to get there. Thanks Robyn for writing such an amazing piece. You certainly inspired me.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the book tip. Come to think of it - I do live an amazing life and it's getting better and better! No matter how many times you listen and read this kind of info, one has never arrived and we can continue to get better and better! My goal one year was to take the curve balls of better in stride. By the end of the year shear disaster had struck every corner, but now, the curve balls seem to be sweet unexpected surprises that are AWESOME! Guess that's why all the obstacles several years ago...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love to hear from all my readers. Hope you have a fabulous day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...