Monday, March 21, 2011

Thankful for Oklahoma

The past week and a  half has been a bit of a whirlwind. In twelve days I have made five flights back and forth to Oklahoma for a combination of work and catching up with old friends. I'm a pretty lucky girl. Not only do some of my favorite people in the world live in this state, but I'm leaving with a pocket full of new friendships.

Today, I can say I am grateful for opportunities. I am grateful that I can hop on a plane, do the things I love, be with the people that are close to me and not really think about it. There hasn't been much time to watch the news between running between the fair grounds and the hotel room, but I have seen the things that are happening in Japan and now the escalating violence in Libya. Although, in the long run those things will impact us indirectly, we are lucky that we live in a place where we can go about our day without much thought of how radiation, war, violence, etc. could change our lives. Whether I am on the north or south side of the Canada/U.S. border I feel safe, and my opportunities are endless.  

I know it make sound shallow, frivolous or materialistic but here's to Oklahoma's good people, new friends, great shopping and my new turquoise purchase (details to come.) I am truly grateful that these are things that I can enjoy each day. 

I wish people throughout the world could say the same thing.

2 comments:

  1. Glad you are safe. I'm thankful for Oklahoma too!!! Great post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with territory mom: Glad your safe!!!

    thanks for sharing
    Leontien

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love to hear from all my readers. Hope you have a fabulous day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...