Thursday, July 7, 2011

The Turquoise Kitchen

Dreaming in Turquoise

I have always enjoyed food (no surprise there) but I also am loving to cook more and more. All this thinking of things I can whip up leads to what kind of kitchen I hope to have one day. And although the Boy has told me I can't turn the whole house in a huge piece of turquoise I am allowed to sprinkle it here and there.

Photo via Apartmenttherapy.com
Like this turquoise kitchen island. I think it is pretty much amazing, plus it would give me extra work space for all the deliciousness I plan of whipping up. 

Kitchen design by Timothy Mather, photo via Canadian House and Home
Or maybe I just paint the ceiling turquoise. I think that back splash is pretty amazing too. Not sure if I would be brave enough to do that in my own house. 

Photo via re-nest.com
Turquoise cabinets might be the perfect touch too. I encourage you to check out this blog. These cabinets used to be wood. Here is the before photo

Photo via inspiredhomedesign.com
But if I could have any kitchen I wanted this would be it. Turquoise - check, exposed beams - check, stone - check, huge - check. Yup this kitchen would be awesome! Just think of all the wonderful beef recipes I cook make for my family and friends. I promise I would invite you over for some meat loaf or a steak.  

And if you didn't get enough Turquoise then check out my Turquoise Room board on Pinterest. Yes, I think Pinterest is equally as cool as Instagram

14 comments:

  1. I don't know if it is something that comes with age or if it's a generational thing or what, but I never saw myself enjoying time in the kitchen as much as I do. Growing up, I was an expert in avoiding the kitchen, heck the house, at all costs. Love the island/cart in the top picture and all of the goodies on it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with you, this is a cool kitchen and I love the turquoise!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are some nice kitchens. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I am a sucker or anything turquoise! Love it! Thanks for stopping by my blog! Loving yours....you've ot a new follower!

    www.MrsCapretta.com
    Recipes Fashion Marriage

    ReplyDelete
  5. Do you think turquoise will be to the 2010's what avocado is to the seventies?

    I do like how turquoise looks with silver.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow, I love the yellow with the turquoise in the first photo but that last photo, can I have that kitchen please!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks to you, I'm now a 'turquoise-junky'.
    Had to let you know I've recently ordered the Gypsy-Junk turquoise necklace you featured in a recent post.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Literally I just posted my TT post and had not looked at yours, I promise!! I too put up my pinterest link...holy heck great minds think alike!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love kitchens and I love turquoise!

    Great TT post!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I want this kitchen, I think I would cook 10 times better if I had it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Pintrest = All of your dreams in color!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Go for it...you can never have too much turquoise....on a road trip through Arizona in 2009 I found set of Sterling silver and turquoise napkin holders....not that I had any napkins...I couldn't resist the holders so now I have both! I found dusky rust colored napkins and the contrast is quite sensational!

    ReplyDelete
  13. AnonymousJuly 08, 2011

    Well this is just too much fun! I do love color in the kitchen, it just makes it more fun! I added you on Pinterest, I look forward to see all your turquoise finds!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love to hear from all my readers. Hope you have a fabulous day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...