Monday, October 10, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving, no I'm not early

Pumpkin pie, turkey and a work visa

Today is Thanksgiving in Canada, and I have a lot to be thankful for. But first, let's talk about Canadian Thanksgiving because I get lots of questions about it. Yes, it is a lot earlier than American Thanksgiving. Why? I'm not sure, so I just tell people that our snow comes soon so the Native people had to hurry up and get the settlers fed. We eat all the same foods and I am truly thankful for many things this year. (Oh and I now I already have Christmas on my mind!)

I have a wonderful family and it keeps growing. Not only are many of my cousins getting married and having new babies, but I am adding lots more people to the list of family. Last year I had an amazing boyfriend, this year it's an amazing fiance and next year it will be a husband, and with him comes an awesome family.

Also, I am a Canadian working in the U.S. so that means I have to have a work visa. Each year I have to renew it, and this weekend it had to be renewed again because I am switching gears career wise. It is pretty nerve wracking to have a Border Control agent say yes or no to whether or not you can continue your career. However, all is good! And I can't wait to start my new adventure.

I know there are a lot of people in this world that have limits put on what they can do, how they can act and what they can say. I am very thankful that I travel and live between two countries that allow me to be me. I hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving whether you are celebrating today or in November. I'll have plenty of pictures posted soon!

2 comments:

  1. Happy Thanksgiving Crystal ... from one Canuck to another! Hope you have a fantastic day! AND ... you have a sweet situation ... you will celebrate both Canadian and American Thanksgiving!!! .... Turkey, turkey, turkey ... gosh I hope you love turkey! Haha! Cheers and best wishes on your new career adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Thanksgiving and congrats on the new work visa!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love to hear from all my readers. Hope you have a fabulous day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...