Monday, December 5, 2011

Hunk of Meat Mondays: Crockpot Macaroni and Bacon

A pound of bacon

Yum bacon! 
Yesterday, was a busy day of clipping our bull calf Forest, house cleaning and painting furniture, so what better way to spare of time than a crockpot meal. I have been eyeing all kinds of macaroni and cheese recipes on Pinterest, and decided to combine a few for my own. 

Ingredients 
1 1/2 cups milk - I used 2% milk
One 12 oz can of no fat evaporated milk
1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted, cooled to room temp
3 large eggs
1/2 tsp salt
3 cups (12 oz) shredded cheese Italian blend
1/2 pound elbow macaroni or mini penne tubes, par cooked and drained (this means cook them for about five minutes until tender but not completely cooked)
Freshly ground black pepper to taste
Oregano to taste
1 pound of bacon
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese

1. By using a crock pot liner you won't have to worry about any clean up afterwards or you can spray the crock pot with cooking oil. Combine milk, evaporated milk, eggs, butter, and salt in crock pot and whisk until until smooth.

2. Add the shredded Italian cheese, bacon and macaroni, sprinkle with black pepper and oregano. Stir until macaroni is evenly coated.

3. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese on top. Cover and cook on high for 30 minutes.

4. After 30 minutes, reduce the heat to low and cook for another two hours. You might not need quite that much time, you'll be able to tell when the pasta is all cooked.


Excuse my iPhone photography skills, but that is a pot full of deliciousness!

For other Hunk of Meat Monday recipes check out the Beyer Beware and Pinke Post blogs.

4 comments:

  1. That looks yummy! Mac and cheese and bacon - a perfect combo! I'll definitely have to try this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Crystal, I'm not sure I can be supportive of this:) Although, if I made it, I think that my fiance would love me eternally!!! I just saw that "Go to the Derby" is on your goals list. I live in Louisville, KY! If you ever need info on where to stay/what to eat/how to get tickets...just let me know!
    - Erin Brown, www.defendingveggies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you girls like it! And Erin maybe you could just eat a little and then serve a big salad with it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do you cook the bacon before adding it to the crock pot?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love to hear from all my readers. Hope you have a fabulous day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...