Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Wedding: Rivini Wedding Dress and Kristen Kuehn Belt

The big white dress. 

We've got all our wedding photos back! So I would say it is time for some more wedding posts. This time let's talk about the big secret that finally was revealed on our big day. How did it all go down?

I had an idea of what I wanted for a wedding dress. Sweetheart neckline, no lace and not too many embellishment, and I was pretty sure that I wanted a fluted skirt, however I hadn't found the dress. That's when my hours of watching Say Yes to the Dress finally paid off. Thankfully I had been recording the show when the perfect dress appeared. Yet, they never quite give you all the details that you need to start googling where to go buy your dress. I patiently waited for more information to be posted on the Say Yes to the Dress website, and learned that it was a Rivini dress called Armane.


I knew I wanted to go to Chicago to look for dresses. It was an easy meeting spot for my mom and sister in Alberta, Canada, my one bridesmaid in Detroit, mother-in-law in Iowa and me in Missouri. I picked three stores to shop at, Ultimate Bride, Mira Couture and Jenny Yoo, knowing that we had to stop and look at the Rivini dress first. (Would highly recommend any of these stores!)

When I tried on the Rivini dress at Ultimate Bride I knew I loved it, but I also knew that I needed to try on a few other dresses. However, as I tried on each dress I knew that the Rivini dress was the one. Who knew I would end up buying the first dress I tried on.


I had no idea until the dress arrived for alterations, but Rivini is actually a Canadian brand so my dress says made in Canada! Which was perfect for a Canadian girl about to move to Iowa. (p.s. if you go to try on wedding dresses don't freak out. I was a size 10 and that isn't close to my normal size.) 

 At each of the stores I also tried on some belts to add a little glam. However, wedding belts at bridal stores are ridiculously priced. That's when I turned to Etsy and found Kirsten Kuehn.


She makes the most incredible bridal belts, head bands and accessories. I picked the Cameron Beaded Sash for my dress. It was the perfect amount of glam. I also bought a garter from Kirsten Kuehn, but I am saving that for my next post. 


Me and the Boy in our barn. He's quite handsome isn't he. If you have missed out on any of the other wedding posts including more pictures take by La Brisa Photography, my turquoise Old Gingo boots I wore with my dress or any other wedding posts you can now find them under the Wedding Style tab. 

A picture outside of one of the pastures our cattle graze in the summertime.


4 comments:

  1. You make such a lovely couple. Yes, that is a fantastic dress and just perfect for you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You looked stunning. You forgot to mention that it was under budget. A whole $17.

    ReplyDelete
  3. AnonymousJune 13, 2012

    gorgeous!!!!!! love these wedding posts!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. AnonymousJune 14, 2012

    Beautiful, Crystal! I love it. And the belt is a great addition. I'm excited to fully get to reveal details like these after our wedding, but for now I'll enjoy reading your details :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love to hear from all my readers. Hope you have a fabulous day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...